Saturday, June 24, 2006

Update on Inner Profile--June 14

I have a couple of posts to add in to here to keep up to date. Later, when my computer-literate daughter is on the scene, I will get her to help me add in a personal profile with my self-portrait, as I have been threatening to do.
On June 14 I wrote:
I see the brilliance of Jesus, a bright light filling all my field of vision, the life-giving power behind everything that is and each living being that lives. I am drawn to the holy, pure, peacemaking, loving, reconciling Presence of His power, the radiance of His being. I long to remain in His Presence and contemplate the endless wonders of divine, uncreated life that I see here. The source of all life is also the source of all harmony and peace, as the Bible says: "In his presence are pleasures evermore."
At the same time, and in the same vision, I sense a militant fierceness of holiness such as Jesus showed when He cleansed the holy temple of the corrupt moneychangers. His purity and righteousness ("The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit") excludes all pettiness, strife, prejudice, hatred, bigotry, injustice of any kind--and He expresses His perfect love in ways that are not tolerant of opposition to His agenda to bless and rule creation from within by the love He poured out upon us in His redemptive sacrifice. His holy, merciful love is not tolerant of evil, of that which is unkind and cruel and destructive ("Satan's work is to steal and kill and destroy"), of that which is false and deceptive ("He is a liar and the father of lies")--of that which is unlike Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home