Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Glory of God in His Church

On this blog over the past few days I have been fiercely contending for the "right" to hear the word God is speaking TODAY for His Church . And I have been praying for implementation of this gift.

Well, this morning I heard that if I behold the beauty and the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ--that is, if I focus on and attend to the reality that is in this verse of Scripture, 2Cor 4:6:

"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

--if I pay close attention to this glory, I will see the reality of what He is passionately and singlemindedly and wholeheartedly obsessed with producing in His holy and perfect Bride, the one He is fashioning to come into union with Himself.

I am quite sure that this is true! My daily struggle is to keep seeing this, and acting on it, in relation to the everyday interactions with His people in ordinary settings. The glory of God is here! May we see what He has in mind for us, by beholding His glory in the face of Jesus Christ; may we believe in His power present to effect this transformation IN US according to His revealed will.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches.

Love to all,
Peter

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

O hai! :))

Hmmm, this is making me think.

Hugs!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home